    From: a...@h...invalid (Arnold Ziffel)
    Newsgroups: pl.comp.programming
    Subject: Re: Młodzi programiści i tajna policja
    Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 14:55:15 -0000 (UTC)

    Jacek Marcin Jaworski <j...@a...pl> wrote:

    > Czy młodsi programiści, jakich znacie, powstrzymują się od prowadzenia
    > prywatnych projektów programistycznych?

    Nie wiem, nie gadam z programistami. Ja cały czas jakieś robię, bo dla
    mnie to zawsze było hobby, pasja. Nigdy się nie nudzę.

    Inni traktują to po prostu jak zawód, zajęcie.

    > 4. Mam małe rozeznanie w środowisku polskich programistów. Więc chcę
    > przeprowadzić "małe śledztwo" w Internetach. Obecnie moje podejrzenie
    > jest takie: Tajna policja zabrania młodym programistom prowadzenia
    > prywatnych projektów.

    Na czym opierasz swoje podejrzenie?

    > 4.2 Podawane ostatnio statystyki na temat programistów pokazują, że oni
    > gdzieś "znikają". Praktycznie nie ma programistów po 40. Nie podaje się
    > co się z nimi stało. Przecież informę studiowano na polibudach już w
    > latach 70-tych XXw. I zawsze był to oblegany kier. studiów. Więc biorąc
    > pod uwagę niż demograficzny od 1989r. starych programistów (PRL-owców)
    > powinno być więcej niż młodych.

    Ci, których znałem, awansowali na stanowiska kierownicze i już nie
    programują, tylko zarządzają ludźmi i projektami.

    Mam 38 lat i nie mam zamiaru rezygnować z programowania (nie lubię
    zarządzać, lubię programować). Przypomnij mi się za dwa lata, jak nie
    odpowiem to szukaj w dole z wapnem.

    Na koniec wkleję fragment książki "Schizophrenia: A Very Short
    Introduction", który może rzucać światło na źródło podejrzeń dotyczących
    tajnej policji i sekretnego unicestwiania programistów po 40-ce.

    --------------------

    The patient is aware of the identity of the person in front of him, but,
    through the lack of an emotional response, feels that there is something
    fundamentally wrong. This person looks like my wife, but cannot really be
    her. But is this abnormal experience really sufficient to justify the
    extremely unlikely conclusion that the wife has been replaced by a double?
    There is some evidence from patients with brain lesions that such
    delusions only occur after a combination of impairments. First, there must
    be damage to visual systems concerned with face recognition, so that the
    patient is not quite so good at recognizing faces as before. Second, there
    must be damage to the right frontal cortex, an area that seems to be
    involved in preventing us from adopting extremely unlikely hypotheses.

    This idea that abnormal experiences are sufficient to cause delusions can
    be tested by presenting normal people with abnormal experiences. We
    attempted to do this by distorting the sound of peoples voices. The
    volunteers were rigged up with a throat microphone and earphones. The
    speech recorded by the microphone was played into special-effects
    equipment where it could be distorted before being played back into the
    earphones. All this happened without any detectable delay, so that the
    volunteer heard their own voice at a different pitch. So, for example, a
    male speaker might hear his voice at a higher pitch, like the voice of a
    woman. We did this with patients during an acute episode of schizophrenia,
    asking them to speak while we altered the pitch of the voice in various
    ways. The comments they made were rather surprising.

    A female voice doesnt sound like me. It only speaks when I speak. Sounds
    like the sounds a deaf person might make.

    The voice has changed to a masculine voice. Same as a deaf masculine
    voice. I think its an evil spirit speaking when I speak.

    Patients who were suffering from delusions at the time of the experiment
    were very likely to attribute the voice they heard to another person, but
    only when the voice was distorted. On the other hand, our healthy
    volunteers and patients not reporting delusions would correctly attribute
    the voice to themselves. Its my voice I can hear, but youve done something
    to it with that box.

    This study shows that weird experiences are not enough. Only the patients
    who were concurrently experiencing delusions thought the voice they heard
    belonged to someone else.

    Many of the delusions reported by patients with schizophrenia seem to
    result from a combination of an abnormal experience with a willingness to
    develop extremely unlikely explanations for that experience.

    --
    Przylatuje mucha do WC Donald's i mówi:
    - Kupę proszę.