eGospodarka.plGrupypl.misc.elektronikaPILNE !! Google Groups zostaną zlikwidowane 15 lutego 2024 roku 273 views Subscribe › Re: PILNE !! Google Groups zostaną zlikwidowane 15 lutego 2024 roku 273 views Subscribe
    Newsgroups: pl.misc.elektronika
    Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 15:01:29 -0800 (PST)
    Subject: Re: PILNE !! Google Groups zostaną zlikwidowane 15 lutego 2024 roku 273
    views Subscribe
    From: a a <m...@g...com>

    On Thursday 14 December 2023 at 23:43:39 UTC+1, a a wrote:
    > PILNE !! Google Groups zostaną zlikwidowane 15 lutego 2024 roku
    >

    > 23:39 (3 minutes ago)
    > Effective from 15 February 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet
    content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed, and new content from Usenet
    peers will not appear. Viewing and searching of historical data will still be
    supported as it is done today.

    Google Groups ending support for Usenet

    If you work with Usenet groups in Google Groups, support for these groups is ending
    soon.
    What's changing?

    Starting on February 22, 2024, you can no longer use Google Groups (at
    groups.google.com) to post content to Usenet groups, subscribe to Usenet groups, or
    view new Usenet content. You can continue to view and search for historical Usenet
    content posted before February 22, 2024 on Google Groups.

    In addition, Google's Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP) server and associated
    peering will no longer be available, meaning Google will not support serving new
    Usenet content or exchanging content with other NNTP servers.

    This change will not impact any non-Usenet content on Google Groups, including all
    user and organization-created groups. Most of the current Google Groups content is
    not Usenet content and will not be affected.
    What do I need to do?

    If you don't actively engage with Usenet content, you don't need to do anything.
    Current Usenet users will need to do two things before February 22, 2024 if they want
    to continue engaging with Usenet content:

    Find a new Usenet client. Several free and paid alternatives are available, both
    web-based and application-based. To find a client, do a web search for "how do I find
    a usenet text client"
    Find a new public Usenet server. The new client you choose will likely have a
    default server or a set of curated options for you. If not, to find a server, do a
    web search for "public NNTP servers."

    Because Usenet is a distributed system, you do not need to migrate data. All of the
    Usenet content you can access today on Google Groups should already be synced to the
    new server you choose. After you select a new client and server, you can reselect the
    groups you're interested in.
    Why is Google Groups support for Usenet ending?

    Over the last several years, legitimate activity in text-based Usenet groups has
    declined significantly because users have moved to more modern technologies and
    formats such as social media and web-based forums. Much of the content being
    disseminated via Usenet today is binary (non-text) file sharing, which Google Groups
    does not support, as well as spam.

    https://support.google.com/groups/answer/11036538?vi
    sit_id=638381914075416169-836485644&p=usenet&rd=1